Sesame chicken. This sesame chicken is crispy chicken pieces tossed in a sweet and savory honey sesame sauce. This version is even better than what you would get at a restaurant! This incredibly Easy Sesame Chicken is faster and tastier than take out, and no tip required!
If you want the perfect sesame chicken recipe this is it! You may want to increase the vinegar or lower the amount of sugar. In today's episode of Wok Wednesday, Jeremy makes a dish widely requested by you guys: sesame chicken! You can have Sesame chicken using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sesame chicken
- It’s of For the marinade.
- It’s 550-600 grams of chicken.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- You need 1.5 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3/8 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 of egg white or 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need of For the coating.
- You need 0.5 cup of potato or corn starch.
- You need 0.5 cup of flour (may need more).
- It’s of For the sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2.5 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 2.5 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s of Mixed 2 tsp of starch and 2 tsp water.
- You need of For serving.
- You need of Toasted sesame seeds.
- It’s of Spring onions.
Be sure to like, comment and subscribe to our channel. Homemade Chinese Sesame Chicken made with crispy fried chicken covered in a sweet and sour sauce. The ultimate sesame chicken recipe is way better than take-out. The Best Sesame Chicken Recipes on Yummly
Sesame chicken instructions
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch size pieces. Marinade your chicken with the ingredients for 40 mins before cooking..
- Prepare the coating by spraying some water with a spray bottle and wait a little, mix, and then repeat this 2 more times..
- Add half the coating into a container, spread the chicken on it without making them touch, add the rest of the coating, close the container, and shake the chicken inside until coated..
- Heat the oil to 380⁰F or 195⁰C, remove the chicken and shake excess flour then add to the oil, let them fry for about two minutes or until light yellow, fry the chicken in batches..
- Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before double frying it, fry them for 2-3 mins or until golden..
- For the sauce add all the ingredients except the starch and water mixture to a pan, let them come to a simmer then add the mix, let it thicken and then add the chicken, and mix it until all the chicken is coated..
- Add the toasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onions. Serve with white rice or noodles..
Sesame Chicken Bites, Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken And Broccoli, Sheet Pan Teriyaki Sesame Chicken And Broccoli. Sesame chicken is a Chinese-restaurant classic that can easily be replicated at home. You can make it restaurant-style in a crispy batter, or try a lighter. Baked Sesame Chicken: You can dredge the chicken in flour, egg and finally in panko. The best Sesame Chicken recipe with crispy chicken in sweet and savory sesame chicken sauce.