Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops). This smothered pork chops recipe is legit simple. The gravy makes itself right in the slow cooker with the pork chops so you basically just dump everything in Itp t shows the thickness of the gravy a bit better. If you wanted it thicker, you could leave out the chicken broth next time or try thickening it up.
You are looking for very soft and caramelized onions. Then, we stir in chicken broth and scrape up all. Smothered Pork Chops are a classic American dish that is easy to make and full of delicious flavor. You can cook Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops)
- You need pack of Chicken thighs or boneless pork chops family size.
- You need 1/2 – 1 tbsp of seasoning.
- Prepare To taste of Garlic powder.
- You need To taste of Black pepper.
- It’s To taste of Cayenne.
- It’s To taste of Tony’s or other creole seasoning.
- You need 1/2-1 of bell pepper (depending on size).
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- You need of Minced Garlic.
- You need 2-3 of stalk’s celery.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need As needed of Olive oil or vegetable oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan).
- It’s Approx 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Kitchen bouquet.
Thick cut pork chops are covered in a perfect Thick cut pork chops are covered in a perfect, savory gravy with onions and mushrooms. If your idea of a pork chop is a thin, dry, little piece of. Lightly breaded pork chops are smothered in a rich savory and well seasoned brown gravy resulting in the perfect Southern classic. Growing up, one of my favorite meals was a Southern Smothered Pork Chops recipe.
Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops) instructions
- Make a a Glass of wine or drink of choice because why not!.
- Season your meat WELL and set to the side.
- Chop onions, bell pepper, celery and combine with minced garlic (fresh or jar).
- Fry seasoned meat in oil in large skillet until browned on both sides then remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the drippings in the pan sauté the vegetables and add a little water to keep them moist (anything stuck to the pan will come up in this step).
- Once sauted and soft, add remainder of water and then stir in 1 tbsp of flour and mix until slightly thick and then add kitchen bouquet and mix until desired color.
- Add meat back into mixture and cover continue to cook on low heat until meat is tender. (Note you can also transfer to dutch oven or pan and bake which I think is easiest).
- Add more seasoning to taste if needed and voila!.
- Serve over white rice and enjoy with a side vegetable like green beans!.
As I grew older, I took my Mama's pork chop recipe with me and integrated it into my. Smothered Pork Chops recipe – seriously delicious! Pork Chops and rice baked in cream of chicken soup, milk, cheddar, mozzarella and bacon. Smothered Pork Chops recipe – seriously delicious! Everyone cleaned their plate and asked for seconds!