Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken and Apples. Here, prosciutto fills the role, and chicken is smothered in a sweet, tangy sauce you'll want to lick off the plate. Superfoods: Apples, Goji Berries, Kale, Olive Oil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Finally, I wrap the whole thing up in prosciutto, add a few rosemary sprigs and roast the. This juicy chicken will quickly become your favorite go to meal, for weeknights and gatherings. Learn how to make a Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast Stuffed with Dried Cherries Recipe! You can cook Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken and Apples using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken and Apples
- It’s 8 of chicken cutlets, or 4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need 8 tsp of apple butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of crumbled blue cheese.
- It’s 8 of thin slices proscuitto.
- You need 4 of shallots halved.
- It’s 8 of garlic cloves, smashed.
- You need 2 of honeycrisp apples, cut into 16 wedges.
- It’s 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Prepare 4 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbs of salted butter.
- You need 12 of fresh sage leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
If you like, you can also slice up larger chicken breasts into tender-sized strips. Hi Jessie, This sounds like a great Labor Day treat. I have made something similar with prosciutto,apple,rosemary on boneless chicken breasts. This sous vide prosciutto-wrapped chicken is exactly what it sounds like: meat in a meat blanket.
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken and Apples step by step
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Grease an oven-safe skillet with olive oil..
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Spread each cutlet with 1 tsp apple butter, then top with cheese. Wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each cutlet. Transfer the chicken to the prepared skillet. Arrange the shallots, garlic, and apples around the chicken. Add the rosemary and thyme. Drizzle olive oil over the apples, season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked..
- Remove from the over and switch the oven to broil. Remove the apples from the skillet to a plate. Return the chicken to the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes, until the prosciutto is crisp. WATCH CLOSELY. Remove from the oven and place the chicken on the plate with the apples..
- Place the skillet with the shallots and garlic over medium heat. Add the butter and sage. Cook 1-2 minutes, until the butter is browned and the sage crisp. Remove the sage from the skillet and add to the plate with the chicken..
- To the skillet, add the wine and cider. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 5 minutes, until reduced by half. Slide the chicken and apples back into the skillet, simmer 1 minute. Remove from the heat..
- Serve the chicken topped with apples. Drizzle over any pan sauce..
Other than a little strategic rolling, this recipe is super simple, impressive, and so Wrap tightly in the plastic wrap and tie off the ends with butcher's twine. Repeat with remaining prosciutto and chicken. Lemon ricotta stuffed Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken baked ON scalloped potatoes. Love how you don't need string to keep the chicken rolled up – and The tasty juices from the chicken mingles with the salty prosciutto as it drips onto the potato. It's like potato gratin made with the best chicken broth ever!