Mediterranean Chicken Pitas. Reviews for: Photos of Mediterranean Chicken Pitas. Make chicken salad Mediterranean wtih the addition of Greek yogurt, green olives, and chickpeas, and serve in pita bread halves. Greek yogurt has a thick, rich consistency similar to sour cream.
Sometimes, you just need quick dinners that are easy, delicious. These lightened-up Mediterranean Chicken Pita Tacos make a great weeknight meal. With grilled chicken, fresh cucumber, roma tomatoes, and onion in a whole-wheat pita, you can't go wrong. You can cook Mediterranean Chicken Pitas using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Chicken Pitas
- It’s 4 of medium plum tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 of small sweet onion, sliced.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- You need of Sea salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 2 1/2 C. of Cooked chicken, shredded.
- Prepare 3/4 C. of Fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 pieces of pita bread.
- You need 1 container of hummus.
- It’s 1/2 head of romaine lettuce, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 C. of Fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of large lemon.
These quick chicken pitas are bright and healthy! Spread each with hummus, then top with the lettuce and mint and squeeze the juice of half the lemon wedges on top. Mediterranean flavors shine in these main-course sandwiches, packed with cumin-scented chicken Set out the pitas breads, chicken, mint, and hummus and invite everyone to assemble their own pitas. Add the chicken breasts, and toss until well-combined.
Mediterranean Chicken Pitas instructions
- In a large bowl toss together the tomato, onion, oil, and 1/4 tsp. Add the chicken and parsley and toss to combine..
- Split the pitas to make 4 rounds. Spread each with hummus then top with lettuce and mint and squeeze the juice of half the lemon on top..
- Spoon the chicken salad on top of the lettuce. Serve with the remaining lemon..
Source: Diabetes Superfoods Cookbook and Meal Planner/Diabetes Forecast. Verdi, MPH, RD & Stephanie A. My husband ordered this Mediterranean Chicken Pita Wrap and, of course, I had to try it too. The fluffy, warm pita bread wraps around the juicy chicken and the roasted vegetables. In large bowl, combine chicken, peppers, tomato, cucumber, onion, EVOO.