Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa. How to Make Jerk Chicken with Pineapple Black Bean Salsa – Step by Step Photos. Begin by cooking the rice because you'll be able to prepare a While the rice is cooking, prepare the pineapple black bean salsa. The jerk chicken sits on top of the most delicious coconut rice.
Keto Vegetariano Fagioli Neri Ricette Per Una Cena Salutare. Divide the chicken and sauce among plates. Stir the beans into the rice. You can have Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa
- Prepare 4 cups of cooked rice.
- It’s of Black Bean Pineapple Salsa.
- You need 2 cups of pineapple tidbits.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz.) of can black beans, well rinsed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of finely diced red onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped cilantro.
- You need 1 of lime.
- It’s 1 pinch of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt, or to taste.
- It’s of Jerk Chicken.
- Prepare 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2/3 lb. each).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of jerk seasoning.
- You need 1 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 2 of Sweet Peppers, halved.
In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple and scallions. Traditional jerk recipes have you marinate the meat for a day or more. This dish lends huge flavor to the chicken with just an hour-long marinade. A quick and easy Fiery Jerk Chicken & Pineapple Salsa recipe, from our authentic Jamaican cuisine collection.
Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa step by step
- Begin cooking your rice first..
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the pineapple black bean salsa. Coarsely chop the pineapple tidbits into smaller pieces, similar in size to the black beans. Place the chopped pineapple, rinsed black beans, diced red onion, and chopped cilantro in a large bowl..
- Squeeze the juice of half the lime (about 1 Tbsp) over the ingredients in the bowl. Also add 1/4 tsp salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional). Stir the ingredients together, give it a taste, and add more salt or lime juice if needed. Any unused lime will be cut into wedges for squeezing over the chicken before serving..
- Next, prepare the jerk chicken. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken to eliminate splatter, then gently pound the chicken breasts into an even thickness using either a rolling pin or a mallet. Sprinkle the jerk seasoning over both sides of the chicken and use your hands to rub it into the surface, making sure they're completely coated..
- Add the cooking oil to a large skillet, or preheat your grill. Once hot, add the chicken and garlic, and cook until well browned on both sides, and the chicken is completely cooked through (about 7 minutes each side). Add the sweet peppers after the first flip so it can pair the juices and turn half way through second side. It should no longer be pink in the center and the juices should run clear..
- For extra safety, use an instant ready meat thermometer and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF..
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a clean cutting board and let it rest for five minutes. After five minutes, slice the chicken into 1/2-wide strips..
- To serve, place about a cup of cooked rice on a plate, or in your meal prep container, top with about a cup of the pineapple black bean salsa, and a few strips of the jerk chicken. Slice the remaining lime into wedges and squeeze fresh juice over the chicken just before eating..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips Served with the essential base of coconut rice & peas, which aren't actually peas, but kidney beans. A pineapple, chilli and spring onion salsa brings. What really makes this Jerk Chicken Bowl pop is all the other tropical flavors mixed in. The coconut rice and beans along with the Mango Pineapple Salsa! Served with a salsa of chargrilled pineapple chunks and creamy avocado this dish makes every day a sunny day.