Phyllo chicken pie. This filling is full of chicken and the traditional vegetables you'd find in chicken pot pie, like onions, celery, carrots and peas. Note: Phyllo dough comes in various thicknesses. The thinner the phyllo, the more sheets will be in Drizzle with melted butter until all of the phyllo runs out.
Try this unique twist on chicken pie using phyllo dough. With ground chicken breast, olive oil, feta cheese, scallions and egg beaters, your family will enjoy the flavor — with fewer calories and less fat. Chicken Florentine Phyllo Pie – A creamy, cheesy and delicious mixture of chicken and spinach nestled between crispy and flaky phyllo sheets. You can cook Phyllo chicken pie using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Phyllo chicken pie
- You need of Phyllo dough.
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 5 teaspoons of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of warm water (43 degrees C).
- It’s of Starch mixture for phyllo dough.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn starch.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of Chicken filling.
- It’s 8 of chicken drumsticks.
- It’s 1 of big onion.
- Prepare 1 of bulb of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of black pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of melted butter.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of icing sugar.
A healthy version of the traditional chicken pot pie loaded with vegetables but does not contain any cream, butter or milk (Dairy-Free). Full of fresh herbs and topped with a light and flaky phyllo crust. This Phyllo Chicken Pie Recipe is inspired by my love for Turkish cuisine. This phyllo chicken pie recipe is my ode, or an easier twist to the yufka borek, which is quite popular in Turkish cuisine.
Phyllo chicken pie instructions
- Place 2 cups flour in a mixing bowl; make a well in the center. Drizzle in olive oil and add salt; add white wine vinegar and warm water. Mix until dough just comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, 1 or 2 minutes. Transfer dough ball to a lightly floured work surface..
- Knead until dough is smooth, using just enough flour to keep it from sticking to the work surface or your hands, 2 or 3 minutes. Continue to knead until dough is supple and elastic, about 5 more minutes. Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature, 1 to 2 hours..
- Divide dough into 15-20 (20 gram or 30 gram) portions using a kitchen scale; roll each portion into a ball. Place on plate and cover with plastic wrap to prevent dough balls from drying out while you begin to roll them out. Work in batches of 5..
- Mix cornstarch and flour together in a bowl for starch mixture. Dust a work surface and the first dough ball with the cornstarch mixture. Flatten out the dough ball and roll out into a circle, about 5 cm in diameter. Dust again with cornstarch mixture. Set circle to one side. Roll out 4 more dough balls to about the same diameter and stack them on the first one, dusting each layer with more of the cornstarch mixture to keep them from sticking together..
- When you have 5 circles, roll out the stack to a larger circle about double in size, turning as you go to maintain a round shape. Separate each layer and lay out the circles. Re-apply more cornstarch mixture where needed and restack them. Roll again until the 5-layer stack is paper thin, about 10 to 12 inches in diameter. Place on a sheet of parchment paper; top with another piece of parchment. Gently roll up the dough; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate..
- Repeat with the remaining 15 balls of dough in batches of 5..
- Bake chicken drumsticks covered in aluminum foils in oven for 25 minutes (190 degrees C). Dice the onion and garlic. Dice the drumsticks after baking. Save the chicken juice in the aluminum foils..
- Medium heat, pour in olive oil, fry the onion and garlic until softened. Add cinnamon, black pepper, sugar, salt, drumsticks, chicken juice. Add spices to your own preference. Cook it all until it becomes a bit dry, not too juicy, remove from the stove, add beaten eggs, stir and side aside to cool down..
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Butter the pan and the phyllo sheets, stack the phyllo sheets and chicken by “4 layers phyllo + 1/2 chicken + 2 layers phyllo + 1/2 chicken + 4 layers phyllo”. Make sure to cover the side wall of the pan. Fold the phyllo sheets outside of the pan into the middle. Butter the top..
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes. Take out, flip to the other side, cook for another 10 minutes. Flip it back, put on a plate, sprinkle on icing sugar. Ready to serve..
Chicken pot pie is made easy with this recipe that uses canned mushroom soup, frozen veggies, precooked chicken, and phyllo dough. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Pot Pie with Phyllo Crust. An excellent way to use up leftover chicken or turkey meat. The recipe uses phyllo instead of a carb-dense and high-fat pie crust, which significantly reduces the amount of calories. This vegan chicken pot pie is comfort food to the max and despite the scary phyllo crust is easy to put together.