Chicken Soto Soup. Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style. Keyword indonesian chicken noodle soup, soto ayam. Hallo everyone hari ini aku mau buat soto ayam yang enak buat menu sahur.
Ladle some chicken and soup over the rice and top with deep-fried shallots and the green part of the spring onion.. Recipes Just For You INGREDIENT Indonesian Chicken Noodle Soup (Soto Ayam) European Print This. This soup/stew is full of flavours and textures. You can have Chicken Soto Soup using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Soto Soup
- It’s 1 kg of chicken.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 of lemongrass.
- It’s 2 cm of galangal.
- You need 1 of lt water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of peper.
- Prepare 3 of spring onions.
- You need 2 of Celery stalks.
- You need leaves of Celery.
- It’s of Rice noodles.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes.
- Prepare 3 of boiled eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s of Grounded spices:.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 3 cm of turmeric.
- It’s 2 cm of ginger.
- Prepare 4 of candle nuts.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s of Chili sauce :.
- You need 10 of birdeye chilies.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 3 of candle nuts.
- Prepare 1/2 of tap salt.
- You need of Water to boil.
The recipe is adapted from Wendy Hutton's beautiful An extremely comforting soup, but also elegant enough for a dinner party. It is actually more of a stew. In Surabaya and its surrounding, SOTO LAMONGAN refers to Soto Ayam Lamongan which can translated as Lamongan style Chicken Soup. Soto Ayam is a chicken soup popular in Malaysia and Indonesia.
Chicken Soto Soup instructions
- Blend the spices that need to be ground in a blender until smooth..
- Preheat a pot with cooking oil, pour the grounded spices and stir until cooked. Add lemongrass, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, salt, sugar, and pepper. Stir them well..
- After around 3 mins, add the water and chicken into a pot, stir it until the water blends with the spices, add celery stalks, cover the pot and let the chicken cooked really well..
- Meanwhile we prepare for the other stuff, cut the potatoes into 4 and slice thinly like chips and fry them until crispy, put aside..
- Peel boiled eggs and cut into half. Put aside..
- Boil some water and cook the rice noodle for 3 mins until it soften, drain the water with the strainer, put aside..
- Chop celery leaves, put aside..
- If you like spicy we will make the chili sauce for it, boil the chilies, fry garlic and candle nuts with a little bit of oil for 3 mins (don't let them burn) Mash the garlic and candle nuts while hot, add boiled chilies, mash them well, add salt and taste it..
- After the chicken cooked properly, take them out of the soup and shred them, put aside..
- When everything is ready we prepare a bowl to serve it, put rice noodle, shredded chicken, and potato chips, pour the hot soup on top of them, add boiled egg, sprinkle chopped celery leaves, and put chili sauce on the side if you like it spicy..
- You can add rice on the side too. Happy cooking.
This soto ayam recipe is easy, authentic and the best recipe you will find online. Serve with rice noodles or rice cakes for a meal. Soto Ayam, an Indonesian chicken noodle soup. This is an easy, healthy, homemade soup that can be made from scratch. Prepared with a simple aromatic chicken broth that's infused with Asian spices.