Brad's chicken katsu. This is my family recipe for Chicken Katsu – Japanese style fried chicken. Can also be used to make Tonkatsu, just use pork cutlets instead of chicken. Serve with white rice and tonkatsu sauce.
Be sure to like, comment and subscribe to our. Chicken Katsu is the crispiest chicken cutlet you can easily make at home! Serve this classic Japanese food with tonkatsu sauce and a side of fresh salad for the best family meal. You can cook Brad's chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's chicken katsu
- It’s of For the tonkatsu sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbs of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbs of mirin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of worchestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground mustard.
- It’s 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need of For the chicken.
- You need 2 lbs of chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 " strips.
- It’s of Prepared tempura batter.
Chicken katsu is a twist on the classic Japanese dish, which is traditionally made with pork. These crispy, crunchy chicken cutlets are topped with a sweet-salty tonkatsu sauce that's simply irresistible. Chicken katsu, fried chicken cutlets, are an obsession for chef Roy Choi of Kogi BBQ in Los Angeles. The simple recipe is made with only five ingredients.
Brad's chicken katsu instructions
- Slice chicken and put on a plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside..
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well and refrigerate until use..
- Mix tempura batter. If you choose to use a boxed tempura follow recipe on box. Or make your own by mixing 1 cup rice flour w/ 2/3 cup ice water..
- Heat deep fryer to 360 degrees..
- Dip chicken in batter to coat well. Let excess drip off. Hold end of strip in hot oil for a few seconds then slowly lower into oil. This should keep the batter from sticking to the frying basket. Fry about 8 strips at a time. Fry for about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- Serve chicken with the sauce on the side. Enjoy..
These sandwiches combine the shattering panko crispiness of katsu-style cutlets and the fiery heat found in Nashville-style hot chicken with some cooling shredded lettuce to put out the fire. Chicken Katsu – Japanese fried chicken cutlet with panko bread crumbs. This recipe yields very Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. This recipe is better than Japanese takeout! Find chicken katsu stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.