Kerala Roast Chicken. Chicken Roast Recipe: A fried chicken recipe which is full of flavor and spices. This dish brings out the authentic south Indian spice of the dish. This Kerala Chicken Roast Recipe is a family favourite which Amma's friend makes and sends over whenever us kids visit Kottayam.
It goes well with rice and chapathi / Indian breads. This recipe is adapted from my mom and a quite easy kerala style chicken tomato roast recipe. Kerala Chicken Roast Recipe is a finger licking a semi-dry chicken curry made with marinated chicken is cooked in fragrant spices powder and a tomato base. You can cook Kerala Roast Chicken using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kerala Roast Chicken
- It’s 2 of Onions Sliced.
- You need 1/2 kg of chicken.
- You need 10 of Shallots.
- Prepare leaves of Curry.
- You need 1 of tomato diced.
- It’s 6 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare Half of thumb size Ginger.
- Prepare 2 of deseeded green chillies.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Pepper Powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of hot water.
- You need 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare As per taste of Salt.
Kerala Chicken Roast is the typical Kerala style roast prepared using spices. Learn how to prepare Kerala style Chicken Roast. Kerala Style Chicken Roast – chicken is marinated with spices & cooked in a well balanced masala. A great side dish for rice & appam.
Kerala Roast Chicken instructions
- Grind the shallots,garlic,ginger to a semi paste consistency.
- Marinate the chicken with 1tsp of chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric, 1tbsp of vinegar/lime juice, salt to taste. Set aside for half an hour and shallow fry the same..
- Heat a kadai with coconut oil. Add the green chillies and curry leaves and sautee until fragrant. Add the sliced onions and saute until browned(not burnt). Add the shallot paste and sautee till the raw smell goes. Add the tomato and cook until mushy..
- Add all the Masalas, make sure the heat isn't much or else the mix will burn. Saute the mix till oil separates..
- Add in the fried chicken and mix well with the base masala. Add hot water and cook for another 7-10 mins on low heat. Make sure the water is minimal. Add in coconut milk at this stage and roast on high for about two mins constantly sauteeing it..
- Garnish with coriander leaves..
- Goes well with rice,idlies,appam etc.
Dry roast the dry spices and cool them. Make a fine powder and add little water and make a paste. Kerala Chicken Roast is a typical and traditional styled chicken roast dish full of flavor and aroma of a series of natural spices. The hot, spicy and thick flavored gravy blends well with porotta and rice. Spicy Kerala Chicken Roast is another nadan recipe and a family favorite.