Sampalok (Tamarind) Chicken Wings. Trim tips from chicken wings and cut in sections. In a bowl, combine chicken, tamarind powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. They loved it so much they asked me to make it again on March.
How to make Sticky Tamarind Chicken Wings. Make a marinade using soy sauce, tamarind puree, garlic pasta, some ginger, vinegar, lemon juice, flour and corn starch. Wash the chicken wings and dry with tea towel. You can have Sampalok (Tamarind) Chicken Wings using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sampalok (Tamarind) Chicken Wings
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken wings.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tamarind base powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need of oil for deep frying.
Prick them with a bamboo stick to allow marinade to penetrate. Fry the wings until they become golden and cooked through. What makes these wings so special is the use of tamarind in the glaze—which contributes a sweet, sour, and fruity flavor, with a little kick of heat from the chile. Prepare the tamarind glaze by adding the boiling water to the tamarind in a small heatproof bowl.
Sampalok (Tamarind) Chicken Wings instructions
- Trim tips from chicken wings and cut in sections. Wash well and pat dry..
- In a bowl, combine chicken, tamarind powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Massage chicken with marinade mixture.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat about 2-inch deep of oil. Add chicken wings in batches and fry for about 6 to 8 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through..
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Serve hot..
Tamarind Chicken Wings are delicious chicken wings marinated with tamarind powder. I thawed out a tray of chicken wings this afternoon planning to prepare them Filipino-style with a marinade of lemon juice, minced garlic and pepper but when I opened the fridge, I couldn't find the two pieces of. Don't be afraid of using the fish sauce. It wont smell or taste weird. But if you are still wary you can omit it.