Chicken Orzo Soup. Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup – Chockfull of hearty veggies and tender chicken in a refreshing lemony broth. It is PURE COMFORT in a bowl! Thank you Tiffany for an amazing soup that always makes me feel better!
Nothing says comfort like a bowl of hearty chicken soup. Pair with a sandwich for a simple, comforting dinner option. Our Italian Chicken Orzo Soup is made with fresh healthy ingredients. You can have Chicken Orzo Soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Orzo Soup
- You need 10 of skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 8 cups of water.
- You need 1 of whole peeled onion.
- It’s 1 of onion diced.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 bunch of celery sliced.
- You need 2 lb of peeled and sliced carrots.
- It’s 1 (14.4 oz) of can diced tomato.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of orzo pasta.
- You need 1/2 cup of parsley.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of season salt.
- Prepare to taste of pepper.
- You need to taste of hot pepper flakes.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
You can easily substitute whole grain or even gluten free pasta to suit your diet. You are going to love this! Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup – A chicken soup that's loaded with tiny bits of tender orzo, lean, protein rich chicken breasts, fresh veggies and seasoned with fresh lemon. This lemon chicken orzo soup recipe is light, healthy, and cozy.
Chicken Orzo Soup instructions
- In a large stockpot, add in chicken thighs, bay leaves, whole onion, and water. (Water should be about 1 inch above the chicken thighs. We think its about 8 cups.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes. Pull out the chicken and whole onion and set aside chicken and discard onion..
- Add in carrots, celery, onion and tomato. Bring back to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Shred chicken while vegetables are cooking..
- Add in orzo pasta and parsley, cook for 10 minutes or until al dente. Shred chicken while pasta is cooking..
- Add in shredded chicken, season salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes if desired. A little parmesan goes a long way too :).
It uses wholesome everyday ingredients and is sure to become a family favorite! Orzo is that tiny rice-shaped pasta. This Lemon Chicken Soup becomes your new Chicken Noodle. Here's why: The base is smooth, creamy To me, the fact that this is whole wheat orzo is essential to the soup-counts-as-a-meal thing. This weeknight chicken soup goes Greek with orzo, lemon juice, and a handful of fresh dill.