Butter/ ghee chicken roast. Delicious Butter Chicken By Our Grandpa for Orphan Kids. The ghee roast originated in a small town called Kundapur near Mangalore. The ghee flavored fiery red, tangy and spicy dish soon became very popular and is available in restaurants across Karnataka.
This chicken ghee roast recipe yields chunks that are soft, juicy, flavorful, delicious, spicy and hot. It pairs well with plain rice and tomato rasam or any vegetable. A classic Mangalorean style Ghee Roast chicken, is a traditional recipe from the kitchen of Mangalorean households. You can have Butter/ ghee chicken roast using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butter/ ghee chicken roast
- You need of Dry roast the below ingredients.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s Half of a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
- It’s 5 of dried chiles.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- It’s of Grind in blender.
- It’s 4 of garlic.
- It’s 1 piece of ginger.
- You need of Add all the above dry roasted ingredients.
- Prepare of Marinate the chicken for 3 hours.
- You need 1/2 kg of Chicken -.
- You need 2 tablespoons of oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 3 spoon of curd.
- It’s of Also add the blended paste of above masala.
A combination of succulent pieces of chicken marinated and cooked in a robust masala cooked in rich ghee. This recipe will literally leave your family asking for more. A Mangalorean delicacy, Chicken Ghee Roast, is a classic recipe among South Indian chicken dishes. Its origins go back to a small town, Kundapur, close to Do not skimp on the ghee as it is the flavor of clarified butter that gives the dish its distinct flavor.
Butter/ ghee chicken roast step by step
- Heat the pan with 3 cubes of butter / 3 spoons of ghee.
- Then add the marinated chicken..
- Cook the chicken in slow flame for 30 min. Add little amount of water if required..
- Cook it under it's dry and butter / ghee is seen on top..
- You can have this with chapati/ bread or rice.
One of the best Mangalore recipes that I have tried. Chicken ghee roast is a spicy and tangy Mangalorean delicacy. I never heard of this recipe until one of my subscribers on YouTube asked me to post this recipe. googled for the recipe and got it finally. the taste was outstanding. I didn't feel any taste while cooking… but it tasted really amazing few minutes. Learn how to make perfect roast chicken right in your own kitchen.