Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak). Empanaditas and Pastelitos add variety and Dominican flavor to your hors d'oeuvres platter. This recipe give you the choice to use a chicken, vegan, beef, pork, or cheese fillings. A great snack to serve when having guests.
This video is a quick how to make pastelitos which is a Dominican patty filled with unique ingredients. Pastelitos de Pollo : New Worlder. These Nicaraguan pastelitos, or "small cakes, " are stuffed with chicken, fried and then rolled in sugar for a savory yet sweet snack. You can cook Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak)
- Prepare 1 of Pk. Empanada Discs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of Steak.
- You need 2 Cups of Chicken.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Peppers.
- You need 1 of Small Onion.
- You need 4 of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of Cheese.
- You need of Seasoned Salt.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- You need 4 of Heaping Tbs. Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare of Oil.
Pastelitos de carne are meat filled pastries that are topped with a sweet glaze. They can be found in If you're in the mood for more Cuban classics, try this chicken fricassee, breaded chicken steak or. In Caribbean countries, especially Cuba, flaky pastries called Pastelitos are eaten for breakfast, as snacks and for dessert. These delicious pastries can be stuffed with so many types of fillings.
Pastelitos (Chicken/Steak) instructions
- Prep ingredients as seen below. (I used cooked bbq meats, so they were already seasoned. I seasoned the veggies with seasoned salt and black pepper. I recommend seasoning your meat if it’s not pre-cooked). Divide and sauté veggies in two pans..
- Add meats, respectively and heat through. Finish with 2 Tbs. Tomato Sauce in each pan. Stir and let cool to room temperature. Set up a flat work station and get some flour on it..
- This is the challenging part. Don’t listen to your mind. Your mind will tell you to stuff the hell out of these, but don’t. The maximum you can put in these is about 2 1/2- 3 Tbs. of filling. So, do that and put some cheese on top. Keep everything centered then fold it over as seen. Pinch the edges hard with a fork. Be careful not to pierce the middle. You don’t want them opening up in the hot oil..
- I used a cast iron skillet with an unquantifiable amount of oil. Get the oil hot and begin frying. Just be sure that you can cover at least 3/4 of the pastelitos. If you have a deep fryer, even better. (Yes, you can bake these. And it’s sinful, but yes, you can probably put them in the air fryer). Fry for a few minutes on each side..
- Remove when golden brown. Not too brown, just brown enough. The browning will continue when removed. Also, I found the best way to drain is by placing them on a rack with paper towels underneath. That way, they’re not sitting in a oil-soaked pad of paper towels..
With sweet fillings they can used as desserts and with savory fillings, either as side dishes or snacks. puff pastry sheets. simple syrup. sugar. guava marmalade. cream cheese. herbed cream cheese. sweetened cream cheese. "picadillo" style meat. apple pie filling. cherry pie filling. Cuban pastries (turnovers) made with puff pastry and filled with guava paste and Making these pastelitos de guayaba y queso was beyond easy (which is dangerous). Pastelitos are puff pastry desserts inspired by Cuban cuisine; this easy Miami version envelops guava-strawberry paste in thin pastry sheets. Cooking Times & Temps beef, chicken, ham, pork, turkey. Home > Recipes > Main Dishes > Pastelitos.