Chicken Fajitas. So easy to make, and so quick. The method involves quickly searing the meat on a griddle or grill, and then slicing and serving with quickly seared peppers and onions. Chicken fajitas in the air fryer doesn't get any easier than this.
We can thank the cuisine of Tex-Mex for the classic fajita. Originally, the term referred to a grilled strip of meat served in a tortilla. Chicken Fajitas – healthy and seriously delish! You can cook Chicken Fajitas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of large garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of ground chili (adjust to your desired spice preference).
- You need 1 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro (optional).
- It’s 1 1/2 lb (650 grams) of chicken thighs, skinless and boneless.
- It’s 3 of large bell peppers (or capsicums), cut into strips (I use green, red and yellow).
- You need 1 of onion thinly sliced.
Whenever I see rainbow coloured capsicum on sale at the stores, I immediately think of Fajitas. I know, I know, full points for (un)originality. Chicken fajitas are an easy and flavorful weeknight meal. A classic Mexican recipe, juicy chicken is seasoned, seared and cooked to perfection.
Chicken Fajitas instructions
- Slice chicken into strips.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili and cilantro; mix together. Add the chicken and If time allows, let marinate for 30 minutes..
- Heat a large skillet or pan (12-inch | 30cm) on medium-high heat until smoking. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden, charred and cooked right through. Cook for about 8 minutes. Flip them a couple of times while cooking so they get a nice even char..
- Transfer chicken to a warm plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest.
- Cut peppers and onions into strips.
- Add the peppers and onions to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed), and cook until the onion is soft and the peppers are slightly charred and cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add chicken strips and cook for about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve with warmed tortillas, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – all baked together in one sheet pan – of course meaning clean up is a breeze! These Chicken Fajitas are an easy dinner with tender chicken breasts, bell peppers and sweet onions tossed in homemade seasonings and piled high on tortillas! Serve with your favorite toppings like sour. These Chicken Fajitas is one of our favorite meals because it is so versatile and it brings the flavor! These are literally the juiciest, most flavorful Chicken Fajitas you will ever eat.