Slow cooker queso chicken tacos. Lightly spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in a single layer and sprinkle taco seasoning evenly on top. These easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos made in the crock pot with chicken breast, salsa, and spices are on repeat in my house!
In your slow cooker, mix the salsa, lime juice, taco seasoning, and cilantro. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste, then mix into the sauce. The slow cooker is a lifesaver, and these slow cooker chicken tacos are a yummy homemade meal! You can have Slow cooker queso chicken tacos using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker queso chicken tacos
- It’s 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 (1 oz) of package taco seasoning.
- It’s 1 (10 oz) of can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of Mexican cheese dip (refrigerated or jarred).
Make these tonight and see for yourself! Remove chicken, shred, and remove most of the liquid. Let your slow cooker transform them into the juiciest, nuttiest taco filling with just two extra ingredients. When it's done, fold the slow-cooked chicken into Chicken thighs, creamy peanut butter, and spicy sambal are all you need for these Thai-Style tacos.
Slow cooker queso chicken tacos step by step
- Place chicken in a 6-qt slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and top with tomatoes. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in cheese dip. Serve with tortillas or hard taco shells and favorite taco toppings..
- Ninja foodie/ instant pot – add all ingredients and 1 cup water cook on hi for 15-20 if using frozen chicken, if its a freezer meal cook for 30 mins. Quick release shred up the chicken add back to pot drain some of the water add in your cheese and mix,done.(pics are a freezer meal).
- This is the cheese I used, get a good quality its where the flavor is going to come from. I used half the jar gave it a nice kick of heat..
- How to make in a freezer meal, follow me on Instagram. youtu.be/DLQHvKtmZK4.
Slow cooker chicken tacos make for an easy Mexican feast any day of the week. Bone-in chicken breasts simmer in a savory chipotle sauce until fork tender. Once shredded, generously stuff the chicken in lightly charred tortillas with your favorite toppings. These Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos take almost no time to make and they'll disappear faster than imaginable! Top each taco with caramelized onions, corn, avocado, cilantro, salsa and queso as desired.